Friday, September 23, 2005

Personal - Fall Fest in a small town

Took a much needed day off from the office. Woke up to a rain storm and to Baby Q crying. She's been sick and had a rough night.

We're in my wifes hometown for the weekend. We're going to a Fall Fest tomorrow morning. It's a very "Mayberry" type town. Lots of old people. I predict many tractors in the parade.

Mrs. Q doesn't really like Kansas City. She's a small town girl and I think she wishes we were still here. (We lived here for a year after we were married then I drug her off to the city.) Her Dad and Grandma live here and she feels beaucoup responsible for their happiness. Neither of them are in great health and now that we're 3 hours away it's always rough on her to see how lonely they are.

To further complicate things, it was four years ago tomorrow that my wifes mother passed away. Can't believe it's been four years...