Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Personal - RIP

I like to get out of the office on my lunch break. It helps break the day up and makes it pass quicker.

Generally, I take my sandwich, yogurt and apple over to a park near the office and just enjoy the alone time.

Yesterday, as I was heading back to work, I saw a really pretty german shepard mix dog walking along the street. He had a collar and tags on and stopped to watch me drive past before continuing his stroll. I noticed a city employee in a truck pulling over and talking on h9is radio while trying to get the dog to approach him. I figure, Ok, hopefully the pup will be back with his family soon.

Not so.

Today at lunch, I found this beautiful animal dead on the side of the road. He was apparently run over.

I can only assume that the city guy couldn't get the dog to come and that animal control didn't get there in time to catch him. Maybe the dog took off into the nearby woods.

I hope it was a quick death and he didn't suffer.