Thursday, January 26, 2006

Personal - What the duce is that supposed to mean?!?!

I recieved our weekly email newsletter from the chief high muckety-muck for (name deleted to keep my job) and it included all the congratulations, atta-boys and general nice work team stuff, but at the end... There was this paragraph...

"The new (again, still need the job) may be a less comfortable workplace, but you can expect it to be more dynamic and rewarding. We’re counting on you to take (bills to pay, you know) from good to great. Let the journey begin."

Less comfortable? What do you mean less comfortable? For whom? Are you taking away my chair? Will I be forced to work underwater? Will there be swinging axes only inches over my head at all times?

To coin a phrase... "I have a bad feeling about this."