Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Personal - A follow up

When the fuck did we stop holding people accountable?

Back in December I got t-boned by some asshole. He drove into me and damaged the passenger side of my car. I did everything I was supposed to do, (police report, contact my insurance company) he didn't. He did nothing. His insurance company is some fly-by night, "We insure ANYBODY!!!" type jobs and the only phone number my insurance company could find for them was a call tree that dropped you if you didn't have a claim number. My insurance company said they'd have to pay me for the damages and then they could (maybe.. maybe not,)pursue the guy.

Jump forward to last month. ANOTHER asshole, (high on prescription pain killers according to his girlfriend,) hits me on the drivers side of my car. Again, I do what I'm supposed to, (see above) and he does... nothing. His insurance company says they don't have a phone number for him and they have sent him a letter (!) asking him to get in touch with them. They refuse to talk to me until they talk to him. Have they sent a registered letter? No. Have they sent an adjuster to his house? It's a PO box. Have they gotten a police report? Nope. (BTW, the Allen County sheriff wants me to send them $3 for a police report, and no, they won't email it to me.)

In the mean time, I'm shit outta luck. For all I know the second guy is in fucking jail for DUI and the first guy has left the planet.

You can bet your ass that if I was at fault I would come through and make damn sure it was taken care of.

Fuck.