Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Personal - Five hours of Battlestar and I look like a nurse.

Plopped my fat arse on the couch and watched five back to back episodes last night. Aside from some atrophy in my legs it was great. Unfortunatly last weeks BG was screwed up because of a storm in the area, and I missed out on the end. (Dishnet cuts out if it's just a bit humid outside.)

Still, it's a great show.

-----------------------------------------------

As I was coming in to work, a guy stopped me and said, "Don't take offense to this, but you look like a nurse."

"A nurse..." I said, looking at my light blue t-shirt and khaki pants. "How do I look like a nurse?"

"You just have that look like you'd be a good nurse," he says.

"Well," I begin, "My father is an RN, his sister is an LPN, my grandmother worked as a floor nurse in OBGYN for years, a bunch of my cousins were candy stripers or worked in the hospital business office, I basically grew up in a hospital."

He says, "See, I knew there was a reason. So, why didn't you go into medicine?" he asks.

"Because I don't like humans that much," I said walking away.